Contrast Security was named a “Visionary” in the 2022 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing.” Vendors are evaluated based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute.
Contrast Security's vision is of companies that are so effective at application security testing (AST) that security enables innovation and becomes a competitive advantage. We include software composition analysis (SCA) and runtime protection (RASP) as part of our complete AST vision. Our customers:
- Have control of their inventory and software supply chain
- Continuously monitor their entire portfolio for both vulnerabilities and attacks at scale
- Have visibility and control over their software supply chain
- Fully trust their pipelines to automatically ensure the security of their software
- Eliminate any legacy application vulnerability backlog
- Use runtime protection to provide threat intelligence and exploit prevention
- Minimize the effort and cost required to ensure a high-level of security
In short, we help our customers lead a healthy software lifestyle.
Top Three Ways Contrast is a Visionary in Gartner's Application Security Testing Magic Quadrant:
Contrast’s revolutionary technology is perfectly adapted for modern software.
- Contrast Is Cloud-Native - The future of “applications” is a composition of custom-code, libraries, frameworks, platforms, containers, APIs, serverless, and third party services in a variety of different locations and providers. Contrast is designed to instrument all these environments and build a unified picture that takes the full context into account.
- Contrast Is Developer-Centric - Today’s software development is high-speed changes moving through a fully automated pipeline into production. Security has to be extremely fast and accurate to work in this environment. Contrast becomes part of existing automated testing during the normal pipeline, providing instant feedback to development and security teams. The results is 20x faster MTTR and a project VER of less than 1 new vulnerability per month.
- Contrast Is Full Lifecycle - The days of separate and siloed Dev and Ops are over, and security is a core part of both. Contrast is the only code security platform that integrates development vulnerability detection with runtime visibility and protection for seamless handling of problems like log4shell. Attack visibility provides threat intelligence to security and development teams.
In addition to being named a Gartner Application Security Testing Visionary, Contrast was also named a 2021 Gartner® Peer Insights™ Customers’ Choice for the 3rd year in a row for Application Security Testing.
To read the full 2022 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing,” download a copy today.
Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing,” Dale Gardner, Mark Horvath, Dionisio Zumerle, 4/18 April 2022.
GARTNER and Magic Quadrant are a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.