Contrast Security Makes Its Debut on the Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest Growing Companies
Leading code and application security provider achieves three-year revenue growth of 157%, doubles global headcount, expands executive leadership team and rolls out new product offerings
August 16, 2022 — Los Altos, CA — Contrast Security (Contrast), a fast growing company in cybersecurity, today announced its debut on Inc. magazine’s annual Inc. 5000 list, the most prestigious ranking of the nation's fastest-growing private companies. Contrast debuted at No. 3080 on the 2022 Inc. 5000 after reporting 157% revenue growth over the last three years. Following a $150M Series E fundraise in November 2021, the company doubled its global headcount, expanded its executive leadership team and introduced several new product offerings designed to empower developers with modern application security tools.
The list represents a unique look at the most successful companies within the American economy’s most dynamic segment—its independent small businesses. Intuit, Zappos, Under Armour, Microsoft, Patagonia, and many other well-known names gained their first national exposure as honorees on the Inc. 5000.
“We are honored to be recognized as a fast growing company by one of the most prestigious awards in the nation,” said Alan Naumann, Chairman & CEO at Contrast Security. “We want to thank our customers for trusting us as cyberattacks continue to accelerate and organizations look to protect their business critical applications. I also want to give a shout out to our employees who strengthen those relationships on a daily basis.”
Company highlights from the last 12 months include:
- $150M in Series E funding to fuel global expansion, led by Liberty Strategic Capital (founded by former Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin).
- Increased partnership with industry titans, including Amazon, GitHub, Red Hat and Microsoft. Partnership platform integrations with GitHub Actions and Red Hat OpenShift. Recognition from Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a partner in achieving the AWS DevOps Competency for DevSecOps. Expansion of application security solutions for the financial sector, in partnership with Backbase.
- Expansion of leadership team, with the additions of Tara Ryan, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), Jeff Tworek, Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) and Ben Goodman, Senior Vice President of Corporate Development and Strategic Alliances.
- Industry analyst recognition, named a “Visionary” in the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant ™ for Application Security Testing and a Major Player in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Application Security 2022 Vendor Assessment.
- Winner of prestigious awards, with highlights including two Gold 2022 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards for Serverless Security and Application Security, a Publisher’s Choice DevSecOps and Market Leader Software Development Lifecycle Security Award by Global InfoSec Awards at RSA Conference 2022, SC Media 2022 Trust Award Finalist for Best Web Application Security Solution and ranking in the 2021 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™.
- New products and solutions designed to empower developers with security as they code. CodeSec is a suite of free code security testing tools launched in June 2022 that includes the fastest scanner on the market, modern software composition analysis (SCA) and security for cloud-native environments. Contrast Serverless, launched in late 2021 and built on the Contrast Secure Code Platform, provides application security for cloud-native and serverless environments.
The companies on the 2022 Inc. 5000 have not only been successful, but have also demonstrated resilience amid supply chain woes, labor shortages, and the ongoing impact of Covid-19.
“The accomplishment of building one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., in light of recent economic roadblocks, cannot be overstated,” says Scott Omelianuk, editor-in-chief of Inc. “Inc. is thrilled to honor the companies that have established themselves through innovation, hard work, and rising to the challenges of today.”
Complete results of the Inc. 5000, including company profiles and an interactive database that can be sorted by industry, region, and other criteria, can be found at www.inc.com/inc5000.
Companies on the 2022 Inc. 5000 are ranked according to percentage revenue growth from 2018 to 2021. To qualify, companies must have been founded and generating revenue by March 31, 2018. They must be U.S.-based, privately held, for-profit, and independent—not subsidiaries or divisions of other companies—as of December 31, 2021. (Since then, some on the list may have gone public or been acquired.) The minimum revenue required for 2018 is $100,000; the minimum for 2021 is $2 million. As always, Inc. reserves the right to decline applicants for subjective reasons. Growth rates used to determine company rankings were calculated to four decimal places. The top 500 companies on the Inc. 5000 are featured in Inc. magazine’s September issue. The entire Inc. 5000 can be found at http://www.inc.com/inc5000.
The world’s most trusted business-media brand, Inc. offers entrepreneurs the knowledge, tools, connections, and community to build great companies. Its award-winning multiplatform content reaches more than 50 million people each month across a variety of channels including websites, newsletters, social media, podcasts, and print. Its prestigious Inc. 5000 list, produced every year since 1982, analyzes company data to recognize the fastest-growing privately held businesses in the United States. The global recognition that comes with inclusion in the 5000 gives the founders of the best businesses an opportunity to engage with an exclusive community of their peers, and the credibility that helps them drive sales and recruit talent. The associated Inc. 5000 Conference & Gala is part of a highly acclaimed portfolio of bespoke events produced by Inc. For more information, visit www.inc.com.
About Contrast Security
Contrast Security secures the code that global business relies on. It is the industry's most modern and comprehensive code security platform, removing security roadblock inefficiencies and empowering enterprise developers to write and release secure application code faster. Embedding code analysis and attack prevention directly into software with instrumentation, the Contrast platform automatically detects vulnerabilities while developers write code, eliminates false positives, and provides context-specific how-to-fix guidance for easy and fast vulnerability remediation. Doing so enables application and development teams to collaborate more effectively and to innovate faster while accelerating digital transformation initiatives. This is why a growing number of the world's largest private and public sector organizations rely on Contrast to secure their applications in development and extend protection to cloud and on-premise applications in production.
Public Relations Manager
Recent Press Releases
Contrast Security Positioned as a Visionary in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Application Security Testing
Contrast Security Co-founder and CTO to Present on How to Secure Real World APIs at the Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2023
Contrast today announced its SCA and DAST products have achieved High Performer scoring by G2, the world’s largest and most trusted software marketplace