Back to Listing
WHAT IS APACHE STRUTS?
Apache Struts is a free, open-source framework for creating elegant, enterprise-ready Java web applications. It favors convention over configuration, is extensible using a plugin architecture, and ships with plugins to support REST, AJAX, and JSON.
Apache Struts uses and extends the Java Servlet API to encourage developers to adopt a model-view-controller (MVC) architecture, in which each architectural component is built to handle a specific development aspect of an application.
The framework documentation is written for active web developers and assumes a working knowledge of the way Java web applications are built, including an understanding of several key technologies:
- HTTP and HTML
- The HTTP Request/Response Cycle
- The Java Language and Application Frameworks
- Properties Files and Resource Bundles
- Servlets, Filters, and Web Containers
- JavaServer Pages and JSP Tag Libraries
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Model View Controller