The subject of security in the area of software development is an important one, as there are a number of different challenges that developers face while trying to develop more secure software. Steve Feldman, our Vice President of Engineering, was recently interviewed by Matt Watson for the podcast "Developer Things."
"Just like you look at the performance of a running application, we’re really looking at the security posture of a running application ... My best recommendation to developers is to find ways to get feedback about their security posture in their existing tool pipeline."
Highlights of today’s episode include:
- How developers can become more aware of patterns and defects that can lead to security vulnerabilities.
- OWASP – The Open Web Application Security Project.
- How Contrast Security’s software works to address vulnerabilities in code.
- WAFs – Web Application Firewalls.
- Tips for writing better and more secure code.
- Importance of feedback when writing and testing code.
The 2018 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
The Cybersecurity Excellence Awards honor individuals and companies that demonstrate excellence, innovation and leadership in information security.
Based on the strength of their nomination and the popular vote by members of the Information Security Community, we are thrilled to announce that Contrast Security is the WINNER of the 2018 Cybersecurity Excellence Award for Best Cybersecurity Startup in 2018. We were also recognized as The Most innovative Cybersecurity Company and The Best Cybersecurity Company.
Congratulations to all winners and finalists! With over 400 entries in more than 70 categories, the 2018 awards are highly competitive and all winners and finalists truly reflect the very best in today's cybersecurity industry.